  • Alexandre Rafalovitch

    Alexandre Rafalovitch Feb. 13, 2006, 4:03 p.m. (Message 44242)

    Re: History question: were SCD actually taught to girl guides

    On 2/13/06, xxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx <xxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx> wrote:

    > Not only was SCD taught in Guides - there was a merit badge for  SCD.  It was
    > one of the first I earned - so that would have been in the  early 60s.
    > I just pulled out my uniform (I, who claim NOT to be a pack rat!) and the
    > badge depicts a female "chuchter" - just as I recalled.
    >
    > Enough history?  :)

    Wow! Anybody has one of this images online? Or could be scanned or
    photographed and uploaded (even to the frappr maps)?

    I know RSCDS collects all these (part of the objects, in fact), but I
    am quite far from Scotland and still would love to see that.

    Alex.