Jim Healy

Re: History question: were SCD actually taught to girl guides

Feb. 13, 2006, 1:24 p.m. (Message 44232, in reply to message 44231)

Alex,

I do not have my copy of 'An Album for Mrs Stewart' here in the office :)
but Mrs Stewart was the Guide Commissioner for Argyll and definitely ensured
that Guides were taught SCD in Scotland (and not ECD). In the early days of
the Society a number of organisations provided representatives to the
forerunner fo the old Executive Council including the Guides and these were
duly listed in the original editions of the books.

At present, Guides are still dancing in Scotland and, indeed, it is doubtful
if the SCD section of the Perth Music Festival would stil be taking place if
it were not for the Brownie, Guide and Ranger teams.

Jim Healy
Monaco

----Original Message Follows----
From: Helen Beaney <xxxxx_xxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx>
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: Re: History question: were SCD actually taught to girl guides
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:54:26 +0000 (GMT)

Although I learned SCD at school and do not remember ever doing it at
Guides, I have taught it to (English) Brownies. (7-10year old Guides).
   Helen
   in Dublin

xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx wrote:
   5. History question: were SCD actually taught to girl guides
(Alexandre Rafalovitch)
6. Re: History question: were SCD actually taught to girl guides
(xxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx)
7. RE: History question: were SCD actually taught to girl guides
(Deirdre MacCuish Bark)
8. girl guides (Stella Fogg)
9. Re: Mapping RSCDS (more high-tech toys) (Alan Paterson)
10. Re: Mapping RSCDS (more high-tech toys) (Sophie Rickebusch)
11. RE: Scottishness to be able to do SCD (Was pas de basque
coupe -CORRECTION) (Pia)