  • Pia Walker

    Pia Walker Feb. 13, 2006, 9:51 a.m. (Message 44230)

    RE: Scottishness to be able to do SCD (Was pas de basque coupe -CORRECTION)

    Well - I am danish, so what do you think - the toungue in cheek bit is
    there, because you cannot get people who have that kind of beliefs to change
    their minds and therefore you will have to look at it as you would the
    antics of a child with amused tolerance.

    Pia

    -----Original Message-----
    From: strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    [mailto:strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx]On Behalf Of
    Iain Boyd
    Sent: 12 February 2006 20:29
    To: SCD news and discussion
    Subject: Scottishness to be able to do SCD (Was pas de basque coupe
    -CORRECTION)

    Pia, you may have made your comments with tongue in cheek, but, after I had
    been dancing for a few years and was still young and arrogant (not that I
    have changed much), I was informed by an immigrant Scottish teacher that, as
    a New Zealander, I could not appreciate what SCD was all about.

      Regards,

      Iain Boyd

    Pia <xxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx> wrote:
      Attention! You did not think you came into RSCDS and Scottish Country
    Dancing to actually enjoy yourself? Did You? It is a VERY serious
    pastime - you must have posture, good manners, knowledge, be able to fit in
    and be dressed accurately BEFORE venturing onto the dance floor. And of
    course if you are not scottish, forget it - you can never be able to dance
    properly anyway - any intelligent person knows that SCD is genetic and
    therefore us foreigners will never be able to dance the way SCD was meant to
    be danced.

    So there!

    Pia :>)