  • Deirdre MacCuish Bark

    Deirdre MacCuish Bark Feb. 13, 2006, 3:07 a.m. (Message 44226)

    RE: History question: were SCD actually taught to girl guides

    I learned to do Scottish Country Dancing through the Girl Guide movement in
    Inverness, Scotland between 1958 and 1962.   We used to enter the Inverness
    Music Festival.  The entire Guide Company also had to sing in Gaelic in the
    music festival.

     At school in Inverness and elsewhere in Scotland, I only had what is now
    described as Ceilidh dancing. However I do not remember being told anything
    about the RSCDS, and only knew about Mrs Stewart's involvement with the
    Scottish Guides from the Manual.

    Deirdre MacCuish Bark
    Ontario, Canada