  • mlamontbrown

    mlamontbrown Feb. 6, 2006, 3:39 p.m. (Message 44162)

    RE: Eccles' Rant

    I finally bothered to look up my instructions for this dance (it looks as if it is
    many years since I bothered to teach it), and of course the original instructions.

    1) I think the way the instructions are written, I would dance the first sixteen bars
    as a petronella movement, without the setting, so the last 2 bars are move to
    original place and turn to face in.

    2) The normal rule for moving is to do it so that the dancing couple have space - but
    there is / was another rule that you did so at a time that did not take the attention
    away from the dancing couple (so it was 3&4 of the phrase, rather than 1&2 or 7&8, if
    first couple were dancing down the middle and up to 2nd place).

    3) As for point 3, the diagram in the book shows the position at the end of bar 16,
    with first couple in the middle, nearer hands joined, facing the 3s.

    Malcolm

    Malcolm L Brown
    York

    Of