Anselm Lingnau

Re: curious

Feb. 3, 2006, 1:26 p.m. (Message 44092, in reply to message 44085)

Alex Tweedly wrote:

> But - much (not all) of the mail that comes to me from Strathspey list
> arrives as MIME Multipart messages, and Firefox (and presumably other
> email clients) will describe this as an email with attachments.

This is weird. I was going to blame your anti-virus software, but on closer
checking it seems that it is something the [censored] Mailman does. It drives
me up the wall because that link is no use, anyway, and never has been :^(

So it seems that I'll have to ask you to bear with me for another week or two.
I'm currently teaching my new mailing list software about digests, and once
that works to my satisfaction it'll be curtains for Mailman as far as I'm
concerned. (I should agree to give talks on my software projects more often
-- it does wonders for my productivity :^))

Incidentally, if there's something about digests that you always wanted to
say, now is the time. I can do plain-text digests as per RFC1153 now but if
you'd rather have MIME digests I'm going to do that too (though probably not
both at the same time). Let me know.

Anselm
Truth is a good dog; but always beware of barking too close to the heels of an
error, lest you get your brains kicked out.         -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge