Andrea Re

Re: Celtic Reels

Feb. 3, 2006, 1:10 p.m. (Message 44088, in reply to message 44087)

Ian Brockbank ha scritto:

>Anselm asked:
>

>>So far I haven't heard of a formation called >Celtic reels<. Can anyone
>>summarise briefly what these look like?
>>

>To which Christine replied:
>

>>Private reply sent
>>

>Why?  I'd really like to know what these are, too, and I'm sure that goes
>for many others on the list.  Private replies are appropriate where complete
>copyrighted dances are being sent, or where someone else's personal
>information is being sent, but I think in this case sending a public reply
>is FAR more appropriate.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Ian Brockbank
>Edinburgh, Scotland
>xxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
>http://www.scottishdance.net/

There you have it (I had sent a private reply as well in order not to
spam the list:=):

Celtic reels,

In a line of four across the dance, 2s on the outside, 1's in the middle
2M- --1L   1M- -2L

Pass RS with the person opposite, dance round each other LS in the
centre or dance on one place on the outside in a clockwise fashion.
Facing up and down the dance, pass RS, dance round left in the centre or
one place on outside. Continue reeling in this way until back in the
starting position (16 bars).

Hope this helps (although the instructions do sound rather cryptic:)

Andrea (fae Dundee)