Alan Paterson

Re: Celtic Reels

Feb. 3, 2006, 8:30 a.m. (Message 44069, in reply to message 44068)

On 03/02/2006 06:05, Emily Gerrie wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm interested in teaching celtic reels in the coming weeks, but I
> haven't been too successful in finding dances with them.  I know of 'The
> Celtic Reel' by Barry Skelton in his Celtic book (which may have been
> their first appearance, though I'm not too sure of that) but I don't
> have the original instructions.  Does anyone know of others (and where I
> might be able to find them)?
>
> Thanks,
> Emily Gerrie

Try using DanceData. There you will discover:

Bonavista by Georgina Finlay (instructions sent privately)
Ceiltich Crois by Duncan Keppie
The Celtic Line by Eddy West
homepages.igrin.co.nz/scotdance/Celticl.html

Celtic Square by Brian Charlton (Hi Brian)
Celtic Wedding by Eddy West
Vice Versa by Eddy West http://homepages.igrin.co.nz/scotdance/vicevers.html

Interestingly, I don't have Barry Skelton's dance with this formation.
Can anyone help ME out with the instructions?

Alan