Alasdair Graham

Re: Sgian Dubh was Scottish Country Dancing VS Scottish Folk Dancing

Feb. 1, 2006, 4:01 p.m. (Message 44020, in reply to message 44016)

The spelling is listed as SKEAN in the following 11 sources

: Encarta® World English Dictionary, North American Edition
: Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary, 10th Edition
: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language
: Infoplease Dictionary
: Dictionary.com
: Online Plain Text English Dictionary
: Webster's Revised Unabridged, 1913 Edition
: AllWords.com Multi-Lingual Dictionary
: Webster's 1828 Dictionary
: Hutchinson's Dictionary of Difficult Words
: The Phrontistery - A Dictionary of Obscure Words

for those who are 'concerned' about such matters.

Alasdair Graham
Dumbarton, Scotland.