  • Alasdair Graham

    Alasdair Graham Feb. 1, 2006, 4:01 p.m. (Message 44020)

    Re: Sgian Dubh was Scottish Country Dancing VS Scottish Folk Dancing

    The spelling is listed as SKEAN in the following 11 sources

    : Encarta® World English Dictionary, North American Edition
    : Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary, 10th Edition
    : The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language
    : Infoplease Dictionary
    : Dictionary.com
    : Online Plain Text English Dictionary
    : Webster's Revised Unabridged, 1913 Edition
    : AllWords.com Multi-Lingual Dictionary
    : Webster's 1828 Dictionary
    : Hutchinson's Dictionary of Difficult Words
    : The Phrontistery - A Dictionary of Obscure Words

    for those who are 'concerned' about such matters.

    Alasdair Graham
    Dumbarton, Scotland.