  • Anselm Lingnau

    Anselm Lingnau Feb. 1, 2006, 3:40 p.m. (Message 44018)

    Re: Skean Dubh WAS Scottish Country Dancing VS Scottish Folk Dancing

    Tom Mungall wrote:

    > These safety sgian dubhs are certainly
    > interesting present day social commentary.

    Public service announcement:

    Anyone who believes in »safety« sgian dubhs should have a look at Bruce
    Schneier's essay, »Airplane Security and Metal Knives«, available from
    http://www.schneier.com/essay-095.html.

    Bruce Schneier is a notable IT security expert who has also written
    extensively and cogently on safety and security in fields other than IT. His
    weblog at http://www.schneier.com/blog/ is well worth following if you are at
    all interested in these things (and everybody should be, I think). He has
    also written a bunch of rather worthwhile books.

    Now returning you to your scheduled discussion on whether SCD is folk
    dancing ...

    Anselm
    Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.      -- Robert Frost