  • Norah Link

    Norah Link Nov. 8, 2001, 8:46 p.m. (Message 28076)

    RE: Figure search

    The closest thing I can think of is the Mercat Cross (J.B. Dickson, Dunedin
    3).  This is not a 3-couple Rondel, but it does use the final arch to get
    1st cpl to the bottom:

    bars 25-32  C1 & C2 Rondel
                meanwhile bars 29-32  C3 set advancing to make an arch which C1
    dance under to finish in 3rd pl., while C3 dance up to 2nd pl. (i.e. C1
    dance under a double arch, first under C2 arch and then under C3 arch, on
    the last 2 bars).

    You have me thinking of permutations and combinations to make a "true" 3-cpl
    Rondel, although the arches to go across the dance would have to be
    modified.  In fact, you may find yourself with several different 3-cpl
    Rondels proposed!  ;^)

    Do you have one, by any chance?

    Norah Link (Montreal, QC)