  • John Fenningworth

    John Fenningworth Nov. 6, 2001, 8:52 p.m. (Message 28059)

    RE: What happened?

    No the Society which is a registered charity since the 1950s and whose
    members are supposedly more interested in what they can do for the
    charity than what their memberships gives them as members has taken some
    very important steps towards a far more responsive and reactive
    organisation.

    The Society will in the next year or so create a far more streamlined
    management and as a result hopefully an organisation, that can better
    meet the challenges that face the Society in the years ahead which also
    should save the Society money

    And although the subscription increase was lower than the Finance
    Committee would have liked at least it is an increase towards the level
    it should be
    I believe that next year we should be asking for more yet again

    As a final remark as a Scot I would say to all those "members" who
    aren't really interest then leave the Society now and save the Society a
    fortune in producing things in which you are not really interested
    And to all real true members pay your subscriptions direct to HQ and
    make things even better

    Finally....
    If the Branches want non Society members then they can have them if they
    only knew how and it's really quite simple but you have to work it out
    yourselves

    Regards,

    John