Priscilla M. Burrage

Re: Lead up - which hand?

Nov. 2, 2001, 3:31 p.m. (Message 28032, in reply to message 28002)

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Eric Ferguson wrote:

> Up the middle, LHJ would allow 1M to bring his partner across to 2M
> far more elegantly than NHJ or, still worse, RHJ.  The same applies
> in many other dances where 1C leads up to face 1st corners.

If my partner lead me up the middle with left hands joined and guided me
across the set in front of him, I would, naturally, end up facing up the
set, not turned to face the second man asright hands across guides me.

Priscilla Burrage       Vermont US
(xxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx.xxx)