Adam Hughes

Re: Lead up - which hand?

Nov. 1, 2001, 7:32 p.m. (Message 28012, in reply to message 28011)

Andrew Buxton wrote:

>         Alan Paterson wrote:
>
>         >"Teachers like Rules" oh dear. Any of the teachers out there have
> anything to
>         >say to counter this somewhat sweeping generalisation? :-)
>
>         What about the pupils?  Do "rules" make it easier for them?  It may
> be hard to share this fascination for giving the correct hand, especially
> when it makes things harder rather than easier.

It was this I meant.  As a teacher, rules are useful since they gets new
dancers up to speed quickly.

One particular dance teacher here only has to say "I have a top tip...",
and all the experienced dancers cover their ears.  Her top tips often
help us out though.  Actually, her top tips sometimes help us out, but
we love her anyway.

Adam
Cambridge, UK.