  • Tim Harrison

    Tim Harrison Oct. 19, 2001, 2:18 a.m. (Message 27936)

    Re: Help with An' thou wert my only Dear

    Eric,

    You're right. I had some typos in there. My statement should have been
    "The greatest difficulty turned out to be the transition from the
    rights and lefts at the end of the dance to the reel with 1st couple
    and 2nd lady at the beginning of the next repetition. For some reason,
    the new 2nd lady and 2nd man had difficulty remembering which of them
    should be involved in the first reel of the dance. Sometimes both of
    them would start and other times neither of them would start."

    I'm guessing that one or both partners in the 2nd couple were either
    asleep when their turn came or they had forgotten how the dance
    started. If the new 2nd lady doesn't move, she's asleep (or forgot
    what comes next). If the new 2nd lady starts correctly, her partner
    starts also (because he's asleep), thinking he forgot to start.
    Perhaps I had already taxed the dancers' minds with the previous dance
    I taught. Or maybe it just wasn't a thinking night.

    -- Tim Harrison
    -- Austin, Texas