Ken McFarland

Re: Men dancing as ladies

Oct. 18, 2001, 6:59 p.m. (Message 27933, in reply to message 27889)

Malcolm wrote in reply to my suggestion of a possible exercise:

>At St Andrews this year the one of the Teacher's classes worked at the
> >dance Loch Leven Castle...
>What a shambles!!! I'm not quite sure what the lesson was, other than the
>"teachers" aren't any cleverer than the "taught", and it is still a
>dance where all 4 people need to know what they are doing.

I'd like to clarify that my exercise works best for a dance with RSCDS
standard formations, at least the first time. I'm not sure that the teacher
you refer to above even had the same intention as my exercise, and it does
seem like a poor choice for this type of exercise. And yes, you will find
fallible teachers on all continents, but I'm glad someone broke out of their
pattern and tried something different. :o)

Ken McFarland