  • Paula Jacobson

    Paula Jacobson Oct. 16, 2001, 5:50 a.m. (Message 27900)

    RE: Pre-booking

    Well, that which works for some, is a big problem for others. I dislike
    the "clearing of the floor" we have at our dances because I am not very tall
    (O.K., I'm really short) and when everyone gathers at the bottom of the
    hall,
    it becomes a big mob, one in which I become almost invisible. I've seen what
    I thought of as prospective partners looking right over my head to find some
    one to dance with. This can be very frustrating.

    Paula Jacobson
    Aptos, California

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Steve Wyrick [mailto:xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xxx]
    Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 6:53 PM
    To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Subject: Re: Pre-booking

    xx.xxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx wrote:

    > This way I could stay in
    > the
    > middle of the dance floor the whole time and be sure to get the partner I
    > wanted
    > for the next dance.  It worked rather well and I got to dance with
    > several of the
    > excellent dancers who were always taken previously.

    Your strategy wouldn't have worked at our last monthly party because the
    announcers insisted on dancers clearing the floor between dances.   In our
    branch they do usually make a point of reminding dancers to escort their
    partners to the sidelines after each dance, which IMO is not only a courtesy
    but helps keep people from monopolizing partners and/or the prime dancing
    areas in the hall. -Steve
    --
    Steve Wyrick <xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xxx> -- Concord, CA