Steve Wyrick

Re: Pre-booking

Oct. 16, 2001, 3:52 a.m. (Message 27898, in reply to message 27894)

xx.xxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx wrote:

> This way I could stay in
> the
> middle of the dance floor the whole time and be sure to get the partner I
> wanted
> for the next dance.  It worked rather well and I got to dance with
> several of the
> excellent dancers who were always taken previously.

Your strategy wouldn't have worked at our last monthly party because the
announcers insisted on dancers clearing the floor between dances.   In our
branch they do usually make a point of reminding dancers to escort their
partners to the sidelines after each dance, which IMO is not only a courtesy
but helps keep people from monopolizing partners and/or the prime dancing
areas in the hall. -Steve
--
Steve Wyrick <xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xxx> -- Concord, CA