e.ferguson

Re: Pre-Booking

Oct. 13, 2001, 9:22 p.m. (Message 27876, in reply to message 27873)

On 13 Oct 2001, at 11:57, Malcolm Brown wrote:

> <...>  pre-booking <...> does ensure that the keen dancers get to
> dance those dances that they want to dance <...> but <..>  other
> people <...> get left on the sidelines because everyone else is
> paired off!

As all Women are free to choose any partner, at the most one woman
could be left "unpaired" against her will.   But can any Men divulge
their strategy on how to avoid being left isolated as the available
ladies pair off in twos?  I have yet to see any men joining a set as
a two-man couple !

Eric

Eric T. Ferguson, van Dormaalstraat 15, NL-5624 KH  EINDHOVEN, Netherlands
tel: (+31)(0)40-243 2878 fax:40-246 7036  e-mail: x.xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx