  • Brian Charlton

    Brian Charlton Oct. 12, 2001, 1:13 a.m. (Message 27854)

    RE: Request for written instructions for Australian Ladies

    G'Day, All,

    The 'Australian Ladies' are still around, but I don't think they subscribe
    to the list.

    However, Iain Boyd has had some things to say on the list from time-to-time,
    perhaps he could enlighten us.

    Iain, are you out there?

    If Iain doesn't reply, perhaps either Keith Napier could ask Elma See.

    Happy Dancing (particularly os Australian Ladies - either version!)

    Brian Charlton,
    Sydney, Australia

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Ian McHaffie [mailto:xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xx]
    Sent: Wednesday, 10 October 2001 10:01 PM
    To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Subject: Re: Request for written instructions for Australian Ladies

    Firstly, there is a note about Australian Ladies, which I hadn't
    noticed before,  -- thanking Iain Boyd for the changes in bars 23 &
    24 and bars 31 & 32 -- and also for a change in bar 8. I wonder what
    change that was?? Perhaps the previous version had the dancers finish
    the four hands across on the sidelines and then dance in for the lead
    up. The dance was devised in 1967 for four Australian Ladies. Is any
    one of them a Strathspey subscriber? Perhaps one of them recalls the
    occasion and the changes.