  • Alan Paterson

    Alan Paterson Oct. 9, 2001, 3:57 p.m. (Message 27815)

    Re: Pre-Booking (was Cribs)

    Adam Hughes wrote:

    > On a slightly difference tack, I like grand marches, and was planning to
    > have one at the ball, but it had never occurred to me to march, applaud,
    > and then find another partner.  I kind of like the idea that the grand
    > march mixed up the couples so at least at the start cliquey sets don't
    > form.

    But that isn't the case?

    The first 4 couples who lead off the march will end up together. AS will the
    next 4 and the next 4...

    Not too difficult to arrange your set then before the march starts.

    Alan

    (or is there another version of this which I don't know about?)