Alan Paterson

Re: Pre-Booking (was Cribs)

Oct. 9, 2001, 3:57 p.m. (Message 27815, in reply to message 27812)

Adam Hughes wrote:

> On a slightly difference tack, I like grand marches, and was planning to
> have one at the ball, but it had never occurred to me to march, applaud,
> and then find another partner.  I kind of like the idea that the grand
> march mixed up the couples so at least at the start cliquey sets don't
> form.

But that isn't the case?

The first 4 couples who lead off the march will end up together. AS will the
next 4 and the next 4...

Not too difficult to arrange your set then before the march starts.

Alan

(or is there another version of this which I don't know about?)