Lara D. Friedman~Shedlov

Re: Cribs

Oct. 8, 2001, 7:51 p.m. (Message 27788, in reply to message 27783)

Although I have heard horror stories about this, I (thankfully) have
never encountered it to any serious degree in any of the places I've
danced.  Many of the balls I've attended offered booklets that had
space where you could write in your dance partner's name, but they were
not necessarily used to book ahead (except maybe one or two dances with
the spouse or significant other).  Many people, myself included, just
like to write in their partner's name after the fact and keep the
booklet as a souvenir of the dance.

--Lara Friedman-Shedlov
Minneapolis, MN  USa

Quoting Adam Hughes <xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xx.xx>:

> Richard Goss wrote:
>
> >  8- 9: Program listing and spaces for partner's names
>
> <strangling noise>  Please tell me that the most archaic and elitist
> custom of booking dances ahead is dying out elsewhere too.  A 19 year
>
> old friend of mine arrived 15 minutes late for her home club's ball
> last
> year, which resulted in her dancing 4 dances of 20 in the evening,
> all
> with her mother.  But they all want more young people in their
> club...
>
> I'll be hearing next that women aren't allowed to ask men to dance...
>
> Adam

Lara Friedman-Shedlov
xxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx