  • Donna Robinson

    Donna Robinson Oct. 4, 2001, 10:38 p.m. (Message 27749)

    Cribs (was Re: Square dancing.)

    Hi,

    As a newbie to SCD, it has taken vast amounts of determination and fortitude
    to overcome the RSCDS's elitist (sorry guys) attitude w.r.t. cribs and/or
    briefings. I find this somewhat confusing: the RSCDS rolls aren't in great
    shape and yet making life easier for us newcomers doesn't seem a high
    priority!  It is definitely the case that some of our group (Beginners) fight
    shy of attending balls/dances due directly to this lack (although our
    wonderful teacher does help).

    Adam Hughes wrote:
    > I certainly am looked down on by the local
    > RSCDS Branch for dumbing down SCD
    Well Adam, I am a member of that local group, and I can tell you that this is
    *not* the attitude of the "students".  So keep up the good work and the devil
    take the hindmost.

    I might add that every single dance at St Andrew's Summer School this year
    was briefed just beforehand irrespective of difficulty level, and cribs for
    all the dances were handed out at the beginning of the week.  Perhaps change
    is on the way ...

    Donna
    Cambridge, UK