Ken McFarland

Re: Cribs (was Re: Square dancing.)

Oct. 4, 2001, 6:38 p.m. (Message 27747, in reply to message 27704)

>From: "Miriam L. Mueller" <xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>
>Ah, no, Adam. Pillings are symbols, and my mind wraps around such symbols
>differently from words. Many dancers are comfortable with one but not the
>other.

I think it's great to enable both sets of abilities. I have the opposite
need from Mimi: I easily understand English-based language words, but
Pillings eascapes me. They might as well print Pillings in Egyptian
hieroglyphs, for all the good it does me.

What I find very troubling is when I show up at a Ball or Dance Party where
a Branch has only printed Pillings. It's as if the right handers are
discriminating against the left handers, perhaps unintentionally, but
possibly thoughtlessly...

Ken McFarland

And then there's the eyeglass factor: I can distinguish pillings