  • Ken McFarland

    Ken McFarland Oct. 4, 2001, 6:38 p.m. (Message 27747)

    Re: Cribs (was Re: Square dancing.)

    >From: "Miriam L. Mueller" <xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>
    >Ah, no, Adam. Pillings are symbols, and my mind wraps around such symbols
    >differently from words. Many dancers are comfortable with one but not the
    >other.

    I think it's great to enable both sets of abilities. I have the opposite
    need from Mimi: I easily understand English-based language words, but
    Pillings eascapes me. They might as well print Pillings in Egyptian
    hieroglyphs, for all the good it does me.

    What I find very troubling is when I show up at a Ball or Dance Party where
    a Branch has only printed Pillings. It's as if the right handers are
    discriminating against the left handers, perhaps unintentionally, but
    possibly thoughtlessly...

    Ken McFarland

    And then there's the eyeglass factor: I can distinguish pillings