Anselm Lingnau

Re: Test

Oct. 4, 2001, 9:50 a.m. (Message 27728, in reply to message 27679)

Lee Fuell <xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx> writes:

> Actually, I did a dance once with 10-bar phrasing (can't remember
> the name) and it about drove me crazy.  I'm too programmed to
> anticipate 8-bar phrases.  Actually, a piper friend once told Patty &
> I that a Strathspey called (IIRC) Molly Connoll (sp?) is in 12-bar
> phrases; has anyone set a dance to it?

There are various dances using 10-bar phrasing, the most well-known of
which is The Wee Cooper of Fife, by Hugh Foss. There are also some
dances using six-bar phrasing (or three-bar phrasing, depending on how
you look at it).

I haven't heard about a dance in 12-bar phrases but would like to
suggest that for a real challenge, 7-bar or 9-bar phrases might be more
interesting. The main problem would be one of obtaining Scottish music
to suit.

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau .......................................... xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Writing science fiction for about a penny a word is no way to make a living. If