  • Brian Charlton

    Brian Charlton Oct. 4, 2001, 9:01 a.m. (Message 27727)

    RE: Braes of Tulliemet. Was Harvest Social, Oct. 27

    G'Day All,

    I have a copy of 101 dances, which reads for bars 13-16:

    "1st couple lead up the middle to the top of the set, then cast off one
    place on the wrong sides of the dance and turn to face 1st corners."

    Thus, there is no CROSS in this description.

    I suppose that the "turn to face 1st corners" could be interpreted to mean
    that the dancing couple give hands to turn.

    101 is much more wordy than Book 7 and I like the fact that "wrong" in 101
    has been changed to "opposite" in book 7. After all, what is "wrong" about
    being on the other side of the set?

    Brian Charlton,
    Sydney, Australia

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Norah Link [mailto:xxxxx@xxx.xxx]
    Sent: Thursday, 4 October 2001 2:39 AM
    To: 'xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx'
    Subject: RE: Braes of Tulliemet. Was Harvest Social, Oct. 27

    Since Priscilla doesn't seem to be answering, I will post to the list her
    comment from this weekend:  apparently in the 101 version, on bars 13-16 1st
    cpl dance up, CROSS to own sides and cast to face 1st corners, whereas in
    book 7 they stay on opp. sides to cast and face 1st corners.  She prefers
    the cross and cast.  (Note: I don't have 101 myself, am just reporting what
    she said.  Perhaps someone who has both books would check again.)

    regards,

    Norah Link (Montreal, QC, Canada)