Anselm Lingnau

Re: Braes of Tulliemet. Was Harvest Social, Oct. 27

Oct. 3, 2001, 10 p.m. (Message 27713, in reply to message 27644)

Norah Link <xxxxx@xxx.xxx> writes:

> (Note: I don't have 101 myself, am just reporting what
> she said.  Perhaps someone who has both books would check again.)

I have 101 SCD (the 1972 reprint) in front of me and it says

  13-16  1st couple lead up the middle to the top of the set, then cast
         off one place on the wrong sides of the dance and turn to face
         1st corners.

Book 7 (the 1986 edition) tells us that

  13-16  1st couple lead up to the top and cast off one place and finish
         facing first corners. 3rd couple step down on bars 15-16.

Looks the same to me. Incidentally, 101 SCD has a note in front that
says

  This book is published with the full approval of the Royal Scottish
  Country Dance Society.

so even if 101 SCD was published at Miss Milligan's private pleasure
rather than that of the Society, it ought to be safe for us to assume
that the dances didn't differ from the official RSCDS publications.

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau .......................................... xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Thursday night - Potluck Supper. Prayer and medication to follow.