  • Adam Hughes

    Adam Hughes Oct. 3, 2001, 7:44 p.m. (Message 27704)

    Cribs (was Re: Square dancing.)

    Norah Link wrote:

    >>If I had a penny for each person I had to individually
    >>persuade at the
    >>club I dance in that a crib was not an instrument of torture,
    >>but was in
    >>fact "succinct and easy to understand", I'd have more than 20
    >>pence...
    >>Some of them still don't think that.  Most of them are
    >>educated people.
    >>  Most of them are young (under 30).
    >>

    > P.S. Have you considered that it may also be necessary to redesign your
    > cribs so they are easier to understand quickly?

    I hadn't given it much thought, mostly because cribs are usually
    provided to all attendees by the organiser, not by our club for our
    members.  Home dances are not a problem since we can ensure we've done
    all the dances in class.

    I could try preparing my own cribs for dances I attend, and distributing
    them in our club... but writing cribs isn't something I have much
    experience of.  Any tips on producing good clear cribs would be
    appreciated. (Peter?)

    I tend to assume that some care has gone into the production of cribs
    provide for a ball.  I'd feel a bit rude pulling out my own crib when
    one is provided, as rude as taking a my own plate and cutlery to a
    restaurant.

    What I'd really like is for everyone to understand Pilling...

    Adam
    Cambridge, UK