  • Paula Jacobson

    Paula Jacobson Oct. 2, 2001, 5:21 a.m. (Message 27646)

    RE: Braes of Tulliemet. Was Harvest Social, Oct. 27

    Well, since the dance list for this event specified "101 version, not RSCDS
    7/12"
    I just wondered what the difference would be, and I still wonder. So far all
    I have
    for an answer is that one would be dancing to a different spelling. Perhaps
    the person
    who wrote up the dance program knows.

    Paula

    Original Message-----
    From: Patricia Ruggiero [mailto:xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xxx]
    Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 7:20 PM
    To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Subject: Braes of Tulliemet. Was Harvest Social, Oct. 27

    Paula asked:
    "I'm interested to know the difference between the 101 and book 7/12
    versions of Braes of Tulliemet."

    101 is a lot wordier.
    Spelling in 101 is Tullimet.

    TACNotes says, for Bars 13-14, "nearer hand lead."

    TACNotes also says, for Bars 9-12, "finish on sidelines," although neither
    101 or 7/12 suggests otherwise.

    This feels like one of those cartoon quizzes:  "Hey kids, can you spot 7
    differences between these two drawings?"  I sure can't.

    Pat