ron.mackey

Re: Island CD Survey

Oct. 1, 2001, 11:06 p.m. (Message 27627, in reply to message 27613)

> From:          "Jim & Donna Ferguson" <xxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx>

> I agee that this is an excellent idea!  Although neither Jim and I are
> teachers we have a lot of SCD CDs, but I'm learning names of some I didn't
> know existed.  We'll have to try some of the ones that all of you are raving
> about in this thread.
> Donna

	Hi, Donna
		I have just chickened out from posting a reply on Strathspey to
Graham and sent it direct instead.  It's about the Colin Dewar tapes.
I don't think the CDs have the same problem but the tapes have
applause between each item which means that a sound search system
such as I use on a Karaoke will not find individual items as the
noise is continuous.
   So, if you go for the Dewar music to use for dancing I suggest
you get the CDs.  The music is so good it's frustrating not to be
able to use them in class!!

Happy Dancing
Cheers  :)

Ron