  • Anselm Lingnau

    Anselm Lingnau Sept. 28, 2001, 9:39 a.m. (Message 27578)

    Re: Domino 5

    Jay Andrews <xxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx> writes:

    > I forgot to mention.  The instructions indicate that the dance should be
    > repeated four times.  I believe that this is a typo and that the dance
    > should be repeated five times, giving each dancer a opportunity to dance
    > from each position.

    Well, you do it once and then repeat it four times for a total of five
    turns!

    Incidentally, Carnforth is not a person but the village in Lancashire
    where Derek lives.

    May I also remind everybody -- I'm beginning to sound like a grouch
    these days -- of the standing Strathspey policy not to post dance
    instructions without the deviser's explicit consent. (Usually if people
    are in a pinch private e-mail is a lot better.) Knowing Derek, I don't
    think he'll mind terribly, but I'd like to point out that all the
    proceeds from the sales of his books are donated towards cancer
    research. And at £1 per book they're terrific value. I should like to
    urge everybody to rush out and buy the lot (4 Carnforth Collections and
    one called `Simple Highland Dances for Scottish Country Dancers' --
    oops, that one's £1.50). SNDC and TACbooks carry them AFAIK.

    Anselm
    --
    Anselm Lingnau .......................................... xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners