Anselm Lingnau

Re: Domino 5

Sept. 28, 2001, 9:39 a.m. (Message 27578, in reply to message 27567)

Jay Andrews <xxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx> writes:

> I forgot to mention.  The instructions indicate that the dance should be
> repeated four times.  I believe that this is a typo and that the dance
> should be repeated five times, giving each dancer a opportunity to dance
> from each position.

Well, you do it once and then repeat it four times for a total of five
turns!

Incidentally, Carnforth is not a person but the village in Lancashire
where Derek lives.

May I also remind everybody -- I'm beginning to sound like a grouch
these days -- of the standing Strathspey policy not to post dance
instructions without the deviser's explicit consent. (Usually if people
are in a pinch private e-mail is a lot better.) Knowing Derek, I don't
think he'll mind terribly, but I'd like to point out that all the
proceeds from the sales of his books are donated towards cancer
research. And at £1 per book they're terrific value. I should like to
urge everybody to rush out and buy the lot (4 Carnforth Collections and
one called `Simple Highland Dances for Scottish Country Dancers' --
oops, that one's £1.50). SNDC and TACbooks carry them AFAIK.

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau .......................................... xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners