  • Marilynn Knight

    Marilynn Knight Sept. 25, 2001, 5:07 p.m. (Message 27507)

    RE: Island CD Survey

    Oh, dear, I've got to swim back this instant to pick of my much-much-played
    Terpsichore.  Thanks for reminding me here at the office, Lara,where my
    brain reluctantly has to turn off SCD now and then....!

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Lara Friedman-Shedlov [mailto:xxxxxx@xx.xxxxx.xxx]
    Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 11:03 AM
    To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Subject: Re: Island CD Survey

    Quoting Anselm Lingnau <xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>:

    > Since we seem to be back on track with SCD-related topics, here's
    > another little fun project for those of you who would like to play
    > along.
    >
    > Imagine you were to spend a year on a South Sea island. Which three
    > SCD
    > CDs would you want to take along?
    >   - Cairngorms (Keith Smith and Muriel Johnstone)
    >   - Memories of Scottish Weekend (Scottish Weekend Band 1998)
    >   - The San Francisco Collection, vol. 2 (Various)

    Well, I'm going to assume I'm stranded on the same island with Marjorie
    and Anselm, so I've already got Cairngorms, the San Francisco
    Collection, Memories of Scottish Weekend, and the John Taylor and Andy
    Imbrie discs, all of which are among my favorites.  This leaves me free
    to bring my other top choices:

    - Boston Celebrate 50  (various)
    - Terpsichore (Elke Baker and Liz Donaldson)
    - Any of the 3 Berkeley Players albums (which we have transferred to
    CDs)

    Lara Friedman-Shedlov
    xxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx