  • Anselm Lingnau

    Anselm Lingnau Sept. 25, 2001, 12:05 p.m. (Message 27500)

    Re: Ramblewood- Incredible Dance escape this year!!!!!

    Martin Sheffield <xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx> writes:

    > I'm always on the lookout for positive comments about recordings (alas,
    > strathspey writers are not very prolific on the subject !); won't you let
    > us in on the secret?

    This must be the CD `Memories of Scottish Weekend', which I believe has
    been mentioned before on this list. I picked up a copy a couple of years
    ago and the only thing I regret about it is that it isn't number 20 in a
    20-CD series of similar recordings. The sheer energy of some of these
    tracks is hardly believable. I would particularly recommend this CD to
    those who like the flute -- listen to `The Sailor' but take a deep
    breath before you do, you might not get around to it again for a while.
    Also you will want to keep a box of tissues handy for the last track.

    Incidentally, the Strathspey Server does have a CD review section.
    Unfortunately I don't seem to get around to writing up as many CDs as I
    should like, but I would like to encourage anybody who wants to share
    their thoughts and opinions about particular CDs -- new and old -- to
    contribute. A brief note will do if you don't find it in you to write a
    five-page review :^), and I will worry about the presentation.

    Anselm
    --
    Anselm Lingnau .......................................... xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Besides a mathematical inclination, an exceptionally good mastery of one's