Anselm Lingnau

Re: Questions to the Webmaster

Sept. 19, 2001, 1:04 a.m. (Message 27435, in reply to message 27430)

Oliver Thinius <xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx> writes:

> 1) Would it be possible to have the full e-mail addresses of the
> people sending their messages in the list of contents of each digest?
> Sometimes I would like to answer to messages off the mailing list and
> can't.

The full e-mail address of the submitter is contained in each individual
posting in the digest (rather than the table of contents, which would
probably look a lot more cluttered with the addresses included). I don't
know whether your e-mail program actually lets you see the address but
it is certainly there when the digest is sent out.

> 2) Is the Digest a complete list of submissions of a time period or
> is it a monitored or screened issue (moderierte Veröffentlichung)?
> For example I have seen messages 27409 and 27411 in the digest, but
> not 27410.

The digest contains every single message that goes across the main list
(I wouldn't have time to moderate it, anyway). In fact my copy of
yesterday's digest (issue 83) says

  strathspey Digest 18 Sep 2001 16:42:46 -0000 Issue 83

  Topics (messages 27391 through 27413):
  [...]

  Afghan opinion
	27409 by: TayHaven
	27410 by: RuddBaron.aol.com

  Dancing in London
	27411 by: Liz Connolly

and message 27410 is actually there in the digest, too. If your digest
looks noticeably different I would be interested in the details, but as
far as I can tell everything that I can actually control is in order. If
your mail program makes a hash of it (which does seem to happen with
some of them) then this is obviously not something I can do a lot about.

Anselm