Patty Lindsay

RE: Laptop for music playback (Long)

June 16, 2001, 6:12 a.m. (Message 26361, in reply to message 26357)

Norah,

I have 196 meg, the laptop came with 64 and I added 128.  If all I
am doing is playing music, 75% of that is free so you wouldn't need
196 meg for this particular application.

As far as disk space goes,  I'm averaging about 50 mb per album
which would mean you could store 100 albums in 5 Gig.

Patty

> Wow, Patty that's fabulous!  It sounds like just the sort of thing I've
> thought about developing but somehow never had the time to research out all
> the components - got overwhelmed just thinking about it, and about recording
> everything into my laptop too.  Of course, I'd need to upgrade my laptop,
> but that's pretty much getting to be a necessity now too.  Now you have me
> thinking it might be something worth looking into.
>
> Questions:  how much memory do you have?  have you figured out how much of
> your disk space you're chewing up with recordings?
>
> regards,
> Norah

Patty Lindsay
Beavercreek (Dayton), Ohio