strathspey Archive: Dancing in Baton Rouge, LA USA

Dancing in Baton Rouge, LA USA

Message 9095 · Larry Edwards · 30 Sep 1997 10:39:02 · Top

I'm looking for a contact with someone who dances in Baton Rouge. A
member of our branch (Tom Webb) danced there this past summer and wants
to contact someone there to get instructions to the dance "Flight of the
Falcon". Can anyone help?

Dancing in Baton Rouge, LA USA

Message 9102 · REBECCA SAGER · 30 Sep 1997 13:43:11 · Top

Larry Edwards wrote:

> I'm looking for a contact with someone who dances in Baton Rouge. A
> member of our branch (Tom Webb) danced there this past summer and wants
> to contact someone there to get instructions to the dance "Flight of the
> Falcon". Can anyone help?

Todd and Ginger Pierce, tpierce@mail.terrabase.com, are your contact
there,
Becky

Dancing in Baton Rouge, LA USA

Message 9115 · McBride, Ann · 30 Sep 1997 20:40:07 · Top

Larry: Hi !! This is Ann McBride. Although I don't know anyone in
Baton Rouge, I'd be happy to send Mr. Webb (or you) the notes for
"Flight of the Falcon" by Barry Priddey. I taught this at the Southern
California Weekend Institute about 4 years ago. At that time, I
believe, it was one of the first dances to use the "following" reels.
Glad to hear that you are still very much involved in dancing. Perhaps
our paths will cross again in the not too distant future -- I still
remember that fantastic smoked salmon at Asilomar!!

Mr. Southcombe's answer to your question on Hallowe'en was short and to
the point! Talk about the Grinch that stole Christmas!!

Ann
McBrideA@cshs.org