strathspey Archive: Things to do after ISCDS '97

Things to do after ISCDS '97

Message 8035 · Joseph Shelby · 24 Jun 1997 03:54:52 · Top

For those attending the ISCDS in Halifax (Nova Scotia) this year and
would like something to keep the Scottish mood going when its over
on Sunday the 27th...

On Cape Breton Island is the Scottish Festival at Broad Cove, about
5 miles north of Inverness on the west coast of the Island. Runs
(i think) 10 or 11am to 6 in the evening, with a dance (probably
cape breton squares, but who knows) running that night...I plan on
booking it to there as soon as breakfast is over that morning (with
car packed the night before). I've been told the driving time is
about 2 1/2 hours from Halifax, so leaving 830/9-ish should get in
enough of the events...

I'm working on getting some more details as i arrainge for an inn
to crash at in Inverness that night, before i start the long trek
home.

I wouldn't mind a caravan company on the way up, so anybody interested,
let me know and i'll give you more details as i acquire them myself...

here's hoping the legs hold out this year :)

(b.t.w., i'm heading straight to Halifax from Pinewoods SCD II by way of
a "pub tour" through Boston, Maine, and Brunswick...would welcome
caravanners for that too...i'll be hitting brewpubs (possibly in
conjunction with a morris side or too) in Boston, Portland, Bangor,
and either through Brunswick or across the ferry to Yarmouth.
I do intend to crash in boston the day pinewoods lets out, to do
laundry and get some rest).

joe
Joseph Shelby mailto:acroyear@io.com
7401 Englewood Pl. #3 http://www.io.com/~acroyear
Annandale, VA 22003 (703) 658-0167 | 247-7868
Software Engineer, ISX Corporation, Arlington, VA
"The Perfect is the enemy of the Good" -- "Wild" Bill Donovan

Things to do after ISCDS '97

Message 8041 · John Wood · 24 Jun 1997 13:47:25 · Top

> Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 19:45:04 -0400
> From: Joseph Shelby <acroyear@io.com>
> Subject: Things to do after ISCDS '97
> For those attending the ISCDS in Halifax (Nova Scotia) this year and
> would like something to keep the Scottish mood going when its over
> on Sunday the 27th...
> On Cape Breton Island is the Scottish Festival at Broad Cove, about
> 5 miles north of Inverness on the west coast of the Island. . . . . .
> I've been told the driving time is about 2 1/2 hours from Halifax . . . <<...

Hi, Joe
Doubling your driving time will give you a more realistic view of how
far Cape Breton is from Halifax!

Looking forward to meeting you at ISCDS!
Regards John
John Wood
Bedford, Nova Scotia
Canada