strathspey Archive: Dancing abroad

Previous thread: Hello & help
Next thread: trying to confirm the composer of a tune

Dancing abroad

Message 62816 · Helen B · 26 Jun 2012 14:42:52 · Top

Hi Ian,

If no-one else has any suggestions, it might be worth putting your correspondent in touch with Aurora in Aberdeen (see http://www.aurorascot.org.uk/ as they often travel to festivals abroad and host reciprocal events.

Cheers,
Helen
in Dublin

Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 22:13:26 +0100
To: "Strathspey" <strathspey@strathspey.org>
Subject: FW: Dancing abroad
Message-ID: <015301cd4e60$5ebdb3d0$1c391b70$@scottishdance.net>

Hi All,

Slightly off topic, but there may be people on the list who could help.  I’ve just had the following request:

I run a Highland Dancing school in Aberdeenshire and am very keen to take a small group of my girls to a European country to showcase Highland Dancing or take part in a local festival.  I have looked at various options on line and was hoping that you may be able to assist or point me in the right direction.

I was originally looking at taking them to Disney in Paris for the Highland event there, but fundraising for it was proving difficult and to be honest I was looking at something smaller and more exclusive.  I had assumed that there may a festival or 2 in France or Spain and a Scottish Highland Dance School coming across may be of interest.  Any thoughts??

Does anyone know of a dance festival in France or Spain who might be interested in Highland dancing?

Thanks,

Ian Brockbank

Edinburgh, Scotland

Dancing abroad

Message 62817 · Pia Walker · 26 Jun 2012 14:47:46 · Top

There may be one in Bedzin, Poland in August that may be of interest

Pia

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 26 June 2012 13:43
To: strathspey@strathspey.org
Subject: Re: Dancing abroad

Hi Ian,

If no-one else has any suggestions, it might be worth putting your correspondent in touch with Aurora in Aberdeen (see http://www.aurorascot.org.uk/as they often travel to festivals abroad and host reciprocal events.

Cheers,
Helen
in Dublin

Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 22:13:26 +0100
To: "Strathspey" <strathspey@strathspey.org>
Subject: FW: Dancing abroad
Message-ID: <015301cd4e60$5ebdb3d0$1c391b70$@scottishdance.net>

Hi All,

Slightly off topic, but there may be people on the list who could help. I’ve just had the following request:

I run a Highland Dancing school in Aberdeenshire and am very keen to take a small group of my girls to a European country to showcase Highland Dancing or take part in a local festival. I have looked at various options on line and was hoping that you may be able to assist or point me in the right direction.

I was originally looking at taking them to Disney in Paris for the Highland event there, but fundraising for it was proving difficult and to be honest I was looking at something smaller and more exclusive. I had assumed that there may a festival or 2 in France or Spain and a Scottish Highland Dance School coming across may be of interest. Any thoughts??

Does anyone know of a dance festival in France or Spain who might be interested in Highland dancing?

Thanks,

Ian Brockbank

Edinburgh, Scotland

Previous thread: Hello & help
Next thread: trying to confirm the composer of a tune
A Django site.