strathspey Archive: Cashmere Shawl

Cashmere Shawl

Message 62673 · suepetyt · 17 Apr 2012 12:14:35 · Top

I'm looking for clarification from Ian Boyd (or anyone else who can help)
about the stepping up in bars 1-8 of The Cashmere Shawl. When the first
couple turn and cast off 2 places do the 2s and the 3s step up or just the
2s? Eric's crib says 2 up but one teacher has a copy of the instructions
which says 2s and 3s step up although she thinks these may be of dubious
origin!

Any help appreciated.

Keep Dancing

Sue Petyt

www.suepetyt.me.uk

Cashmere Shawl

Message 62674 · Iain Boyd · 17 Apr 2012 12:52:33 · Top

Dear Sue,

1-4     2C + 3C step up on bars 3-4

5-8     3C step down on bars 7-8

Regards,

Iain

Postal Address -

P O Box 11-404
Wellington 6142
New Zealand

I'm looking for clarification from Ian Boyd (or anyone else who can help)
about the stepping up in bars 1-8 of The Cashmere Shawl.  When the first
couple turn and cast off 2 places do the 2s and the 3s step up or just the
2s?  Eric's crib says 2 up but one teacher has a copy of the instructions
which says 2s and 3s step up although she thinks these may be of dubious
origin!

Any help appreciated.

Keep Dancing

Sue Petyt

www.suepetyt.me.uk

Cashmere Shawl

Message 62675 · Meinhard Reiser · 17 Apr 2012 12:57:07 · Top

The instructions for Cashmir Shawl in the Strathtay Album say

Bars 1-4 1st couple turn by right hands and cast off two places on own
sides. Second and third couples move up on bars 3-4.

Meinhard

--

Ditzingen, Germany

Cashmere Shawl

Message 62676 · George Meikle · 17 Apr 2012 15:28:53 · Top

Sue,

If it is any help I can bring the "Strathtay Book" along with me tonight
when I am playing for your class.

Kind regards
George

Contact details:-
George Meikle
Lothian Scottish Dance Band
3 Wolfgill Road
Dumfries
DG1 4XT

Phone - 01387 252544
Mobile - 07710 471832
Email - george.meikle@btinternet.com

I'm looking for clarification from Ian Boyd (or anyone else who can help)
about the stepping up in bars 1-8 of The Cashmere Shawl. When the first
couple turn and cast off 2 places do the 2s and the 3s step up or just the
2s? Eric's crib says 2 up but one teacher has a copy of the instructions
which says 2s and 3s step up although she thinks these may be of dubious
origin!

Any help appreciated.

Keep Dancing

Sue Petyt

www.suepetyt.me.uk

Cashmere Shawl

Message 62677 · suepetyt · 17 Apr 2012 16:27:00 · Top

Thanks for all the help, my question has been answered.

Keep Dancing
Sue Petyt
www.suepetyt.me.uk

I'm looking for clarification from Ian Boyd (or anyone else who can help)
about the stepping up in bars 1-8 of The Cashmere Shawl. When the first
couple turn and cast off 2 places do the 2s and the 3s step up or just the
2s? Eric's crib says 2 up but one teacher has a copy of the instructions
which says 2s and 3s step up although she thinks these may be of dubious
origin!

Any help appreciated.

Keep Dancing

Sue Petyt

www.suepetyt.me.uk

Cashmere Shawl

Message 62681 · Peter Price · 17 Apr 2012 19:32:41 · Top

Both second and third couples step up on bars 3-4, third couple steps
down on bars 7-8.

Peter Price
Norwood, NJ

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
number of moments that take our breath away.