strathspey Archive: Dancing/Music Books

Dancing/Music Books

Message 60840 · Quinton · 22 Apr 2011 22:38:13 · Top

A Scottish dancing teacher friend has recently died and all her books have been passed on to me. I already have most of them so I wondered if anyone on the SS list would be interested in having them -just paying postage.

There are the music plus dance descriptions of
Books 2,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,41,42,44. plus"Five Scottish Country Dances 1982" Four Scottish Country Dances 1978, Book of Graded Scottish Country Dances, 16 Popular Scottish Country Dances from Books 6-16
I also have a second copy of Books,26,28,29,30,31,33,34,35.plus the Five ....1982, Four....1978,and the 16 Popular.....

Ideally, I would like to get rid of them in two lots rather than an odd book or two, although I appreciate they will not be cheap to post! However I know that probably most people will have 41-44, so I could leave those out.
There is also one copy of Four Set dances (The Shepherds Crook, Hebridean Weaving Lilt, Macdonald of Sleat, Rouken Glen ) again with music.
(I live in Kent in the UK so obviously postage will be less for those also in this country.)

Mary

Dancing/Music Books

Message 60847 · ewen rennie · 24 Apr 2011 17:22:26 · Top

Interested if no-one claimed them yet

Ewen (Aberdeen, Scotland)

PS - Any idea of what postage would be?

On 22 April 2011 21:38, Quinton <rmq@waitrose.com> wrote:

> A Scottish dancing teacher friend has recently died and all her books have
> been passed on to me. I already have most of them so I wondered if anyone
> on the SS list would be interested in having them -just paying postage.
>
> There are the music plus dance descriptions of
> Books 2,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,41,42,44.
> plus"Five Scottish Country Dances 1982" Four Scottish Country Dances 1978,
> Book of Graded Scottish Country Dances, 16 Popular Scottish Country Dances
> from Books 6-16
> I also have a second copy of Books,26,28,29,30,31,33,34,35.plus the Five
> ....1982, Four....1978,and the 16 Popular.....
>
> Ideally, I would like to get rid of them in two lots rather than an odd
> book or two, although I appreciate they will not be cheap to post! However
> I know that probably most people will have 41-44, so I could leave those
> out.
> There is also one copy of Four Set dances (The Shepherds Crook, Hebridean
> Weaving Lilt, Macdonald of Sleat, Rouken Glen ) again with music.
> (I live in Kent in the UK so obviously postage will be less for those also
> in this country.)
>
> Mary

Dancing/Music Books

Message 60902 · Quinton · 4 May 2011 17:17:49 · Top

Hi Ewen,
I did send you a private reply -did you get it? I reckon the books would be
£4.41 to post.
Mary