strathspey Archive: Inverneill House

Inverneill House

Message 60186 · Alasdair Graham · 4 Jan 2011 14:30:30 · Top

The BBC are showing a TV programme on BBC2 in Scotland, England & Wales (not
sure about NI) at 1500 hours today (3pm) called Escape to the Country.

I am told that the property featured is Inverneill House.

There is no confirmation of the property on the BBC schedules but it would
be worth watching if you are near a television at this time.

Alasdair Graham

Dumbarton, Scotland

Looking for a dance?
Call up <http://www.dancediary.info> http://www.dancediary.info

to see if something suits.
Ceilidh Dance Pages
Country Dance Pages & Newsletter.

Inverneill House

Message 60187 · ninian-uk · 4 Jan 2011 17:25:43 · Top

Alasdair,

I've just watched the programme and the house is Inverneill House. What
remains of the property (the inappropriate 1890's wing - the much nicer
Georgian house burnt down) is still on the market, at offers over £475,000,
for any Strathspey members who want a piece of Ysobel Stuart's family
history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverneill_House

David Bowd-Exworth
Berkeley, Gloucestershire, UK