strathspey Archive: Best Set in the Hall

Best Set in the Hall

Message 59756 · smiskoe · 5 Nov 2010 14:07:39 · Top

I have been trying to get some more background on the tune Danse de Chez Nous which is one of the name tunes for Best Set in the Hall.  My 2 knowledgeable sources do not have any information.  It's a nice tune., good for any dance.

Sylvia Miskoe, Concord, NH USA

Best Set in the Hall

Message 59757 · Anselm Lingnau · 5 Nov 2010 15:01:29 · Top

Sylvia Miskoe wrote regarding »Danse de Chez Nous«:

> It's a nice tune, good for any dance.

Except, apparently, »Best Set in the Hall« – according to the RSCDS :^)

Anselm
(SCNR)
--
Anselm Lingnau, Friedberg, Germany ..................... anselm@strathspey.org
Most of our misfortunes are more supportable than the comments of our friends

Looking for

Message 59759 · Stella Fogg · 6 Nov 2010 02:40:04 · Top

I'm looking for Rena Drennan of the Melbourne Branch. Any help much appreciated.

Stella
Virginia, USA

Looking for

Message 59761 · Tait Family · 7 Nov 2010 00:44:20 · Top

I gave your request to Rena at a Melbourne RSCDS function yesterday -
Saturday and she will be in touch with you.

Bev Tait

On 6/11/2010 12:40 PM, stellafogg@comcast.net wrote:
> I'm looking for Rena Drennan of the Melbourne Branch. Any help much appreciated.
>

> Stella
> Virginia, USA

Best Set in the Hall

Message 59758 · Steve Wyrick · 5 Nov 2010 15:45:47 · Top

I'd be interested in anything you learn, Sylvia. I also couldn't find any
history and have it listed as "Trad.?" in my arrangement for Best Set in the
Hall pending further enlightenment. -Steve

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 6:07 AM, <smiskoe@comcast.net> wrote:

> I have been trying to get some more background on the tune Danse de Chez
> Nous which is one of the name tunes for Best Set in the Hall. My 2
> knowledgeable sources do not have any information. It's a nice tune., good
> for any dance.
>
> Sylvia Miskoe, Concord, NH USA

--
Steve Wyrick -- Walnut Creek, California

Best Set in the Hall

Message 59823 · smiskoe · 11 Nov 2010 17:23:03 · Top

I may have found more information about the tune, known as Chez Nou and It is quite possible that it emigrated to Canada from Northumberland.  Will know more in a couple of weeks. If  tune is a good one, it will travel.