strathspey Archive: Camp of Pleasure BK 15

Camp of Pleasure BK 15

Message 58744 · Marie Disiewicz · 17 May 2010 22:22:57 · Top

Greetings to all
Those in the know, was Camp of Pleasure always Rights and Lefts for Bar 25 to 32???

My old book says "Right and Left across and back.
It was the word "across" that lead me to think it was RH Across and LH Back.
Silly me???

I see in the pocket book it does say Rights and Lefts.

speym@telus.net
Marie from Surrey B.C. Canada

Camp of Pleasure BK 15

Message 58745 · Agnes MacMichael · 17 May 2010 22:29:44 · Top

This was how it was described in older editions. I agree it is confusing
but it is simply 'rights and lefts'
Happy dancing
Agnes
West Lothian

On 17 May 2010 21:22, Marie Disiewicz <speym@telus.net> wrote:

> Greetings to all
> Those in the know, was Camp of Pleasure always Rights and Lefts for Bar 25
> to 32???
>
> My old book says "Right and Left across and back.
> It was the word "across" that lead me to think it was RH Across and LH
> Back.
> Silly me???
>
> I see in the pocket book it does say Rights and Lefts.
>
> speym@telus.net
> Marie from Surrey B.C. Canada

Camp of Pleasure BK 15

Message 58748 · Lee Fuell · 17 May 2010 22:31:54 · Top

I've seen that same terminology before for rights & lefts (couldn't tell you in what dance from memory, though). I'm sure this dance pre-dates RSCDS standardization of dance terminology, and I suspect dropping the phrase "right and left across and back" was done in order to prevent this kind of confusion.

Lee

Beavercreek, OH, USA