strathspey Archive: Transferring music from CD to iPod

Transferring music from CD to iPod

Message 58665 · e.ferguson · 7 May 2010 16:46:09 · Top

I still do not know what to do. Let me explain more clearly.

I have the SCD CDs here in Zeist. The computer I will be using is a MacBook.

I need to convert some music tracks from several CDs into computer files, which I
must then e-mail to London, where the organiser of the meeting will put the music
onto her iPod and include it in the playlist.

All help is welcome.

Greetings,

Eric

PS. Hope this message does not start a new round of Strathspey hiccoughs!

--
Eric T. Ferguson,
van Reenenweg 3, 3702 SB ZEIST Netherlands

Transferring music from CD to iPod

Message 58667 · John Mccain · 7 May 2010 17:00:49 · Top

Here is one of many ways.
When you put the CD(s) in the MacBook, iTunes will normally open and ask if you want to import them to iTunes (if it doesn't [because of settings selections], open iTunes, double click on the disc, select the tune(s) and drag them to your library). Doing so will convert the tunes to mp3 format (you can control the quality via Preferences)
If you're lucky, the software will know (via the internet) the name of the album and tunes. If not, select the tune, hit Command+I and manually enter the information you wish.
The tune file will reside in a folder called iTunes Music on your hard drive. If you've named the tunes, you can search for them.
Email the tunes to your friend. She can use iTunes to load them on her iPod by using the "Add to Library" command under the file menu (Command+O).
This is all a lot easier to do than to explain...
John

I still do not know what to do.  Let me explain more clearly.

I have the SCD CDs here in Zeist.  The computer I will be using is a MacBook.

I need to convert some music tracks from several CDs into computer files, which I
must then e-mail to London, where the organiser of the meeting will put the music
onto her iPod and include it in the playlist.

All help is welcome.

Greetings,

Eric

PS.  Hope this message does not start a new round of Strathspey hiccoughs!

--
Eric T. Ferguson,
van Reenenweg 3,  3702 SB  ZEIST    Netherlands
tel: +31 30-2673638

Transferring music from CD to iPod

Message 58668 · Andrea Re · 7 May 2010 17:04:04 · Top

John Mccain ha scritto:
> Email the tunes to your friend.
> John

Hi,

I seriously doubt you can e-mail them as they will be rather large in
size, unless you do something to them.
One option is to use the likes of DropBox, where you will have plenty of
space, to move them around.

Details on request.

Andrea (fae Falkirk and Dundee)

Transferring music from CD to iPod

Message 58669 · John Mccain · 7 May 2010 17:09:19 · Top

True - it depends on the limitations of your and the receiver's ISP. Mine allows 25MB, so it's possible for me to send/receive a number of files.