strathspey Archive: RSCDS Magazine (was Re: First post)

RSCDS Magazine (was Re: First post)

Message 58533 · Lee Fuell · 2 May 2010 17:36:14 · Top

Sorry, Agnes, I read the article inside as well and I still have no idea what was in Andrea's mind. Was it:

The cover photo of an all-male set dancing in battle dress trousers, combat boots and T-shirts? Don't see what's so odd about that; it's in the grand tradition of Reel of the 51st Division.

The dancers using a non-RSCDS grip for turns? The RSCDS has published photos of dancers birling before both in the magazine and on the web site, even though birling per se isn't "sanctioned" in the manual.

Is it surprising that the RSCDS would acknowledge that Scottish dancing includes more than the RSCDS style and repertoire? The RSCDS has already done this by including non-RSCDS dances in its list of 150 core dances.

The report that the RSCDS was in negotiations with the devisers(ors) to publish The Kandahar Reel?

So what gives?

Clueless in Ohio,

Lee

Beavercreek, OH, USA