strathspey Archive: unable to sign in to RSCDS website

unable to sign in to RSCDS website

Message 58422 · Volleyballjerry · 11 Apr 2010 20:43:35 · Top

I have made several attempts to sign in to the RSCDS website. But I am
blocked at step one. In the little white log-in rectangle I have been trying
to type my user name into the username field, but the vertical cursor
simply remains on the left and the field will not accept my typing. Anyone
else having this problem?

Robb Quint
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

unable to sign in to RSCDS website

Message 58423 · Lee Fuell · 11 Apr 2010 20:49:58 · Top

I had to mouse-click twice in the field to get it to let me type my username. Not a double click, but a "click-pause-click."

Another problem - one of our Branch members is going through the process as instructed, but he's still waiting for the e-mail with his token (since yesterday) so he can complete logging in and establish his password. I wonder if the server is choked with requests?

Having said all that, once I got past the overly-onerous registration process (who the heck thunk that mess up?), I liked what I found in the members' area and will like it even better when the store and social networking areas come on line.

Lee

>I have made several attempts to sign in to the RSCDS website. But I am
>blocked at step one. In the little white log-in rectangle I have been trying
>to type my user name into the username field, but the vertical cursor
>simply remains on the left and the field will not accept my typing. Anyone
>else having this problem?
>
>Robb Quint
>Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

unable to sign in to RSCDS website

Message 58424 · sophie.rickebusch · 11 Apr 2010 20:59:50 · Top

The e-mail arrived fairly quickly for me. I'd say either it got caught
in an over-zealous spam filter or else the associated e-mail in the
database is absent/incorrect (we only had e-mails for about 1/3 of our
members in the RSCDS database).

Sophie

--

Sophie Rickebusch
Edinburgh, UK

unable to sign in to RSCDS website

Message 58425 · Nachteule7 · 11 Apr 2010 21:06:09 · Top

In einer eMail vom 11.04.2010 21:00:10 Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit
schreibt sophie.rickebusch@o2.co.uk:

The e-mail arrived fairly quickly for me. I'd say either it got caught
in an over-zealous spam filter or else the associated e-mail in the
database is absent/incorrect (we only had e-mails for about 1/3 of our
members in the RSCDS database).

Sophie

unable to sign in to RSCDS website

Message 58426 · Gary Lindsey · 11 Apr 2010 21:10:08 · Top

I am the individual Lee referred to.  I entered my USER ID as specified by information from our secretary, and my email address is correct.  As far as SPAM filter is concerned, I have checked and there is nothing there.

I still think the system is choked.  I started the process yesterday afternoon (about 5 PM EDST).  Has anyone out there been able to complete the process recently (Saturday or Sunday)?

 Gary Lindsey
Dayton, Ohio

________________________________

--
Sophie Rickebusch
Edinburgh, UK

unable to sign in to RSCDS website

Message 58427 · Volleyballjerry · 11 Apr 2010 21:13:40 · Top

At least you were apparently able to get the username field to accept your
typing. I haven't, as I previously decibed, even been able to type in my
user name.

Robb

--
Sophie Rickebusch
Edinburgh, UK

unable to sign in to RSCDS website

Message 58428 · Nachteule7 · 11 Apr 2010 21:14:19 · Top

In einer eMail vom 11.04.2010 21:00:10 Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit
schreibt sophie.rickebusch@o2.co.uk:

The e-mail arrived fairly quickly for me. I'd say either it got caught
in an over-zealous spam filter or else the associated e-mail in the
database is absent/incorrect (we only had e-mails for about 1/3 of our
members in the RSCDS database).

Sophie

I would agree with Sophie. For our branch, HQ missed out quite a few
email addresses as well (although they were already listed in the former members
data), but I send in the missing addresses and HQ added them directly
within one day. As far as I know the login works now for most of our members
(fingers crossed). But it seems you can't create a login, if there is no or a
different email address listed at HQ.

Martina

Martina Mueller-Franz
Central Germany Branch

unable to sign in to RSCDS website

Message 58434 · Pia Walker · 11 Apr 2010 23:18:51 · Top

To be fair, I as the membership secretary for the International Branch have
never passed on e-mail addresses to RSCDS until now. I have another little
problem, and it may be that I am hopelessly inadequate - I don't seem to be
able to add a new member - so I am going to try again on monday so I can
phone someone.

Pia

[...]

Message 58435 · Margaret Lambourne · 12 Apr 2010 00:08:13 · Top

Oh Pia, it can never be said that you're hopelessly inadequate, sometimes
you take too much on but you usually manage to get things done one way or
another.

Margaret

> To be fair, I as the membership secretary for the International Branch
> have
> never passed on e-mail addresses to RSCDS until now. I have another
> little
> problem, and it may be that I am hopelessly inadequate - I don't seem to
> be
> able to add a new member - so I am going to try again on monday so I can
> phone someone.
>
> Pia

Message 58436 · Brian Charlton · 12 Apr 2010 00:31:35 · Top

Hello,

I trust all these problems are being assembled by branch Secretaries and the
details sent to the Society so that they can be fixed and/or improvements
made.

Just a reminder!

Brian Charlton,
Sydney, Australia

On 12 April 2010 08:08, Margaret Lambourne <margaret.lambourne@planet.nl>wrote:

> Oh Pia, it can never be said that you're hopelessly inadequate, sometimes
> you take too much on but you usually manage to get things done one way or
> another.
>
> Margaret
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Pia" <pia@intamail.com>

Message 58437 · Iain Boyd · 12 Apr 2010 00:59:56 · Top

Greetings all,

I am not sure what all the fuss is about.

I  have just registered. I entered all the data requested on both screens and after completing the second screen was advised directly that I had been registered.

The only thing I would say about being logged in is that it is not easy to know that you are. All that is different about the 'home' page after logging in seems to be that the top right-hand button is says 'Logout'.

I subsequently logged out and tried again and had no trouble getting back in.

All I have to do now is find something that I could not without logging in as a member!

I should send thanks to Murray Corps, the NZ Branch secretary, who obviously had ensured that the data on the Society database was correct - or, at least, the same as I expected and entered!

Al the best,

Iain Boyd

Postal Address -

P O Box 11-404