strathspey Archive: Tune

Tune

Message 58088 · Mike Briggs · 12 Feb 2010 22:51:53 · Top

I sent a message with this subject line about 15 minutes ago -- but I
don't see it on the server. Is everything working?

Mike

--
BRIGGS LAW OFFICE
Michael and Norma Briggs

Tune

Message 58089 · Mike Briggs · 12 Feb 2010 22:55:37 · Top

OK, I see my message with this subject line. Apparently I did something wrong the first time around.

I'm looking for the dots (any form), abc or mp3 of Jim Tweedie's Sea Legs. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Mike

Briggs Law Office
1519 Storytown Road
Oregon WI 53711-1925 USA
+1 608 835 0914 (voice)
+1 608 237 2379 (fax)

________________________________
I sent a message with this subject line about 15 minutes ago -- but I don't see it on the server. Is everything working?

Mike

-- BRIGGS LAW OFFICE
Michael and Norma Briggs
1519 Storytown Road
Oregon WI 53575-2521 USA
+1 608 835 0914
www.briggslawoffice.com

Tune

Message 58091 · John Cahill · 13 Feb 2010 01:59:06 · Top

At 01:55 PM 2/12/2010, Mike Briggs wrote:
>OK, I see my message with this subject line. Apparently I did
>something wrong the first time around.
>
>I'm looking for the dots (any form), abc or mp3 of Jim Tweedie's Sea
>Legs. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Mike:

I can send you the pipe notation if that's any use to you.

Cheers,

-John-

Tune

Message 58092 · Mike Briggs · 13 Feb 2010 05:09:49 · Top

Yes indeed. Many thanks.

Mike

Briggs Law Office
1519 Storytown Road
Oregon WI 53711-1925 USA
+1 608 835 0914 (voice)
+1 608 237 2379 (fax)

________________________________
At 01:55 PM 2/12/2010, Mike Briggs wrote:
> OK, I see my message with this subject line. Apparently I did something wrong the first time around.
>
> I'm looking for the dots (any form), abc or mp3 of Jim Tweedie's Sea Legs. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Mike:

I can send you the pipe notation if that's any use to you.

Cheers,

-John-

Tune

Message 58090 · John Chambers · 12 Feb 2010 23:06:12 · Top

Norma or Mike Briggs wrote:
| OK, I see my message with this subject line. Apparently I did something wrong the first time around.
|
| I'm looking for the dots (any form), abc or mp3 of Jim Tweedie's Sea Legs. Can anyone help? Thanks.
|
| Mike

Google found a youtube recording (2nd of 3 tunes) at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT95n0fjpaE

I don't see a readable version online, though. Maybe
someone here has it.

--
There are three kinds of people in this world,
those who count and those who don't.

Tune

Message 58093 · RODERICK JOHNSTON · 13 Feb 2010 11:53:33 · Top

Can't help in this case but I have listed below sites that I use to find traditional music.  It might be useful if others can add other useful sites.

Rod

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/music/info/RRTuneBk/Greeny/Greeny.name.html
http://www.walshaw.plus.com/abc/
http://website.lineone.net/~derek_hamilton/midi.htm
http://www.glasgowguide.co.uk/wjmc/wjmc-t.shtml
http://trillian.mit.edu/~jc/music/abc/Scotland/
http://www.thesession.org/
http://www.musicinscotland.com/Scottish_Music.htm

Bagpie Tunes
http://www.pipebandtunes.blogspot.com/
http://breizhpartitions.free.fr/en/bagpipes_scores.php
http://www.pipetunes.ca/?gclid=CMaQoquR758CFV1d4wod9m3pYw
http://www.therealviperpiper.com/

To read some bagpipe scores you will need a free program to convert BBW files.  which can be found at
http://cityofoaks.home.netcom.com/tunes/musichowto.html