strathspey Archive: Bob Sanders

Bob Sanders

Message 57815 · Bruce Herbold · 25 Dec 2009 00:43:09 · Top

well, I am confused and lazy, can someone help?

I transferred all my vinyl to mp3 files and now the vinyl is buried in
the basement.

I have an RSCDS recording by Alastair Wood of Book 17 where I have an
8x40 Reel labeled Bob Sanders, which is supposed to be a jig. Does
anybody else have this Bk 17 recording and if so have I mislabeled it
(possible, but seems unlikely since the surrounding dances are what
are supposed to be fore and aft of Bob Sanders) or did they misplay
and use the wrong music for the dance (also seems unlikely)?

thanks

--
Bruce Herbold
San Francisco

Bob Sanders

Message 57816 · Bruce Herbold · 25 Dec 2009 00:55:49 · Top

ooops! Never mind. Somehow I got the 8x40 reel (21st of Sept)
labeled for teh 8x40 Jig (Bob Sanders) and vice versa.

thanks for being there Strathspey community, I'll try to be slower on
hitting send next time..

--
Bruce Herbold

Bob Sanders

Message 57818 · Rod Downey · 25 Dec 2009 02:25:27 · Top

Are you teaching this dance? I remember Rebecca Blackhall-Peters teaching
this at TAC one year. Wow, if you want a "real" technique dance
this is the one. More teaching points and misdirection than
you could have thought possible in one dance.

I have it squirrelled away for a technique class one day.

happy christmas

rod

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009, Bruce Herbold wrote:

> Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 15:55:49 -0800
> From: Bruce Herbold <bherbold@gmail.com>
> To: SCD news and discussion <strathspey@strathspey.org>
> Subject: Bob Sanders
>
> ooops! Never mind. Somehow I got the 8x40 reel (21st of Sept)
> labeled for teh 8x40 Jig (Bob Sanders) and vice versa.
>
> thanks for being there Strathspey community, I'll try to be slower on
> hitting send next time..
>
> --
> Bruce Herbold

Happy Christmas (was Bob Sanders)

Message 57819 · Katharine Hoskyn · 25 Dec 2009 05:51:03 · Top

Hello

I have just checked email and was surprised to see postings - even more
surprised to see one from someone in New Zealand - where the weather is
particularly magnificent today - blue blue sky, sunshine, green fields and
lovely trees (at least where I live). Lovely and warm - but a bit humid. My
guests are busy swimming and so I have time to check email.

My condolences to those of you without such an experience, but I hope you
all have a good Christmas anyway.

Hopefully this is a good omen for the NZ Summer School which begins in a
couple of days in Auckland.

Best wishes

Katharine Hoskyn

Franklin County, New Zealand
(Just south of Auckland)

Happy Christmas

Message 57821 · Jim and Donna Ferguson · 25 Dec 2009 13:51:34 · Top

36 degrees F, here in southeastern Ohio and pouring rain. Why didn't we
think to go to New Zealand? Oh, of course. Family's here.

Merry Christmas, everyone.
Donna and Jim Ferguson
> I have just checked email and was surprised to see postings - even more
> surprised to see one from someone in New Zealand - where the weather is
> particularly magnificent today - blue blue sky, sunshine, green fields and
> lovely trees (at least where I live). Lovely and warm - but a bit humid.
> My
> guests are busy swimming and so I have time to check email.
>
> My condolences to those of you without such an experience, but I hope you
> all have a good Christmas anyway.
> Katharine Hoskyn
>
> Franklin County, New Zealand
> (Just south of Auckland)

Happy Christmas

Message 57823 · Pia Walker · 25 Dec 2009 14:04:56 · Top

Happy Christmas to everyone on the list

Pia
in snowy Cupar

Happy Christmas (was Bob Sanders)

Message 57822 · Pia Walker · 25 Dec 2009 14:04:02 · Top

Happy Christmas Katharine - please tell your guests that it is a very cold
and snowy Cupar - although the sun just peeped through for a bit.

Pia

I have just checked email and was surprised to see postings - even more
surprised to see one from someone in New Zealand - where the weather is
particularly magnificent today - blue blue sky, sunshine, green fields and
lovely trees (at least where I live). Lovely and warm - but a bit humid. My
guests are busy swimming and so I have time to check email.

My condolences to those of you without such an experience, but I hope you
all have a good Christmas anyway.

Hopefully this is a good omen for the NZ Summer School which begins in a
couple of days in Auckland.

Best wishes

Katharine Hoskyn

Franklin County, New Zealand
(Just south of Auckland)

Happy Christmas (was Bob Sanders)

Message 57825 · Alasdair Graham · 25 Dec 2009 17:41:09 · Top

And a Merry Christmas from a very snowy Dumbarton where the sun has shone
all day and the temperature rose above 0C for the first time in a week.

Click this link to see how we look.
http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=2058057675026&source=jl999

Alasdair Graham
Dumbarton, Scotland.

Happy Christmas Katharine - please tell your guests that it is a very cold
and snowy Cupar - although the sun just peeped through for a bit.

Pia

I have just checked email and was surprised to see postings - even more
surprised to see one from someone in New Zealand - where the weather is
particularly magnificent today - blue blue sky, sunshine, green fields and
lovely trees (at least where I live). Lovely and warm - but a bit humid. My
guests are busy swimming and so I have time to check email.

Katharine Hoskyn

Franklin County, New Zealand
(Just south of Auckland)

Happy Christmas (was Bob Sanders)

Message 57826 · Lee Fuell · 25 Dec 2009 18:10:04 · Top

Thanks, Alasdair! We love Jacquie Lawson cards, especially ones with the late and much-missed Chudleigh.

Merry Christmas to all the list, and here's hoping those of you in Scotland can send the snow on it's way by the time we arrive for Winter School in Pitlochry in February (at least away from the roads, that is)!

Cheers,

Lee

Beavercreek, OH, USA

>And a Merry Christmas from a very snowy Dumbarton where the sun has shone
>all day and the temperature rose above 0C for the first time in a week.
>
>Click this link to see how we look.
>http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=2058057675026&source=jl999
>
>Alasdair Graham
>Dumbarton, Scotland.

Bob Sanders

Message 57820 · Angela Bulteel · 25 Dec 2009 11:31:02 · Top

Bruce, I have an old Jim Johnstone vinyl record with Bob Sanders as an 8x40
Jig with tunes Mrs Stewart's Fancy, 72nd Highland Gathering and Julia
McMahon, Probably no help to you but just thought I'd let you know. And it
does prove that I'm still sober after starting the day with mulled wine!!!
Happy Christmas to all. Angela
> well, I am confused and lazy, can someone help?
>
> I transferred all my vinyl to mp3 files and now the vinyl is buried in
> the basement.
>
> I have an RSCDS recording by Alastair Wood of Book 17 where I have an
> 8x40 Reel labeled Bob Sanders, which is supposed to be a jig. Does
> anybody else have this Bk 17 recording and if so have I mislabeled it
> (possible, but seems unlikely since the surrounding dances are what
> are supposed to be fore and aft of Bob Sanders) or did they misplay
> and use the wrong music for the dance (also seems unlikely)?
>
> thanks
>
> --
> Bruce Herbold
> San Francisco