strathspey Archive: dancing in Manhattan next week?

dancing in Manhattan next week?

Message 53803 · Susan McKinnell · 14 Oct 2008 03:19:50 · Top

It turns out I will be in Manhattan Monday-Thursday next week, so I am
wondering if there is any dancing? I will be staying near Penn
Station. Thanks, Sue (Chicago, USA)

--
Susan McKinnell luvscd@suedan.com http://suedan.com

"A house without a cat, and a well-fed, well-petted, and properly
revered cat, may be a perfect house, perhaps, but how can it prove
its title?"
- Mark Twain, The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson

dancing in Manhattan next week?

Message 53804 · Steven Epstein · 14 Oct 2008 03:42:50 · Top

Come to the fabulous Rum and Onions Halloween contradance near Princeton, NJ, if you can!

http://princetoncountrydancers.org/events/special.htm

Steve Epstein
Lancaster, PA

> It turns out I will be in Manhattan Monday-Thursday next
> week, so I am
> wondering if there is any dancing? I will be staying near
> Penn
> Station. Thanks, Sue (Chicago, USA)
>
> --
> Susan McKinnell luvscd@suedan.com
> http://suedan.com
>
> "A house without a cat, and a well-fed, well-petted,
> and properly
> revered cat, may be a perfect house, perhaps, but how can
> it prove
> its title?"
> - Mark Twain, The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson

dancing in Manhattan next week?

Message 53805 · chris1ronald · 14 Oct 2008 13:24:12 · Top

Reply sent privately.

- Chris.

In a message dated 10/13/08 21:20:35 Eastern Daylight Time, luvscd@suedan.com writes:
It turns out I will be in Manhattan Monday-Thursday next week, so I am
wondering if there is any dancing? I will be staying near Penn
Station. Thanks, Sue (Chicago, USA)

--
Susan McKinnell luvscd@suedan.com http://suedan.com

"A house without a cat, and a well-fed, well-petted, and properly
revered cat, may be a perfect house, perhaps, but how can it prove
its title?"
- Mark Twain, The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson

dancing in Manhattan next week?

Message 53806 · John Mccain · 14 Oct 2008 15:11:18 · Top

It may be helpful to others to reply to the list. I'm going to be in Manhattan at the end of the month and was looking forward to information about dancing opportunities.

It would be good info for the archives, too.

Best regards, John
Denton, Texas

> In a message dated 10/13/08 21:20:35 Eastern Daylight Time,
> luvscd@suedan.com writes:
> It turns out I will be in Manhattan Monday-Thursday next
> week, so I am
> wondering if there is any dancing? I will be staying near
> Penn
> Station. Thanks, Sue (Chicago, USA)

dancing in Manhattan next week?

Message 53826 · chris1ronald · 16 Oct 2008 14:14:48 · Top

As suggested by John, here's how to find out about dancing in and around Manhattan.

Go to the NY Branch website: www.rscdsnewyork.org, move the cursor over "home" and select "local groups" from the drop down list.

There you will find information about when and where the New York Branch and other local groups meet. There are also hypertext links to the websites of other groups, including Scotia Dancers and the New Jersey Branch (mentioned by Loretta.)

I hope that helps.

And if anyone wants more information, feel free to contact me!

Chris.

In a message dated 10/14/08 09:11:45 Eastern Daylight Time, jwmccain@sbcglobal.net writes:
It may be helpful to others to reply to the list. I'm going to be in Manhattan at the end of the month and was looking forward to information about dancing opportunities.

It would be good info for the archives, too.

Best regards, John
Denton, Texas

dancing in Manhattan next week?

Message 53807 · Fiona Kopeny · 14 Oct 2008 16:53:32 · Top

There is dancing both Monday and Thursday evenings, in Manhattan.
Both within walking distance of Penn station. There is also dancing
in Brooklyn, I think Tuesday. At the branch website there should be
Tues and Thurs info.

Fiona

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Susan McKinnell <luvscd@suedan.com> wrote:

> It turns out I will be in Manhattan Monday-Thursday next week, so I am
> wondering if there is any dancing? I will be staying near Penn Station.
> Thanks, Sue (Chicago, USA)
>
> --
> Susan McKinnell luvscd@suedan.com http://suedan.com
>
> "A house without a cat, and a well-fed, well-petted, and properly
> revered cat, may be a perfect house, perhaps, but how can it prove
> its title?"
> - Mark Twain, The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson

Fiona Kopeny, Import Facilitator
Seybold International Corp.

"There are three kinds of people in the world,
those who can count and those who can't."

View Alexander's website --> http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/alexj
View Robyn's website --> http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/r/robynk

dancing in Manhattan

Message 53808 · Loretta Holz · 14 Oct 2008 17:06:14 · Top

Tuesday -- Dancing in Fanwood, NJ

If you are willing to take the train out to New Jersey, you can dance
with our group at the Fanwood Presbyterian Church on Tuesday at 7:30.
Take train at NY Penn Station to Penn Station Newark and from there take
Raritan Valley Line to Fanwood train station -- the church is a block
south of the
Station. Let us know you are coming and someone can meet you -- it's
just a few minute walk in a pleasant little NJ town. Our group is very
friendly and we have a lot of fun dancing.

We would love to have you dance with us. We are part of the New Jersey
RSCDS but the only one I know of that would be convenient to NYC and
public transportation.
Loretta

dancing in Manhattan

Message 53818 · Susan McKinnell · 15 Oct 2008 06:26:48 · Top

Thank you for your kind offer. I am working out the details of my stay
now, but this sounds like fun and I will try to get there. I am
assuming I'll be able to take the train back to Manhattan after dancing? :-)
I will be in touch.
Thanks, Sue

--
Susan McKinnell luvscd@suedan.com http://suedan.com

"A house without a cat, and a well-fed, well-petted, and properly
revered cat, may be a perfect house, perhaps, but how can it prove
its title?"
- Mark Twain, The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson

dancing in Manhattan

Message 53819 · Susan McKinnell · 15 Oct 2008 06:28:18 · Top

Dang! Meant to be a private answer. Please excuse this. Thanks, Sue

--
Susan McKinnell luvscd@suedan.com http://suedan.com

"A house without a cat, and a well-fed, well-petted, and properly
revered cat, may be a perfect house, perhaps, but how can it prove
its title?"
- Mark Twain, The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson

dancing in Manhattan

Message 53839 · Loretta Holz · 17 Oct 2008 04:52:36 · Top

Susan--
Yes there are trains going back to Newark then to Manhattan. Best to check
the schedule on-line and verify which train you want to take back. The
dance is over at 10 PM so let's find out which train you should take. Let
me know what train you will arrive on and I'll try to met you at the
station. Do you have a cell phone?

Looking forward to meeting you,
Loretta
732-356-7773 X201 (my office number)
> Thank you for your kind offer. I am working out the details of my stay
> now, but this sounds like fun and I will try to get there. I am assuming
> I'll be able to take the train back to Manhattan after dancing? :-)
> I will be in touch.
> Thanks, Sue
>
> Loretta Holz wrote:
>> Tuesday -- Dancing in Fanwood, NJ
>>
>> If you are willing to take the train out to New Jersey, you can dance
>> with our group at the Fanwood Presbyterian Church on Tuesday at 7:30.
>> Take train at NY Penn Station to Penn Station Newark and from there take
>> Raritan Valley Line to Fanwood train station -- the church is a block
>> south of the Station. Let us know you are coming and someone can meet
>> you -- it's
>> just a few minute walk in a pleasant little NJ town. Our group is very
>> friendly and we have a lot of fun dancing.
>> We would love to have you dance with us. We are part of the New Jersey
>> RSCDS but the only one I know of that would be convenient to NYC and
>> public transportation.
>> Loretta
>>

> --
> Susan McKinnell luvscd@suedan.com http://suedan.com
>
> "A house without a cat, and a well-fed, well-petted, and properly
> revered cat, may be a perfect house, perhaps, but how can it prove
> its title?"
> - Mark Twain, The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson

Now, dancing in Cleveland, OH ?

Message 53871 · Ray Brown · 20 Oct 2008 03:08:49 · Top

I will be traveling to an engineering class in Cleveland, Ohio, for a few days
in December. Any SCD in the area?

Thanks!

Ray

Now, dancing in Cleveland, OH ?

Message 53876 · elissa h · 20 Oct 2008 11:24:40 · Top

Private reply sent.
Elissa Hock
Akron, OH