strathspey Archive: Cheerleading?

Previous thread: This is no my ain hoose
Next thread: Aloha Winter Weekend 2009

Cheerleading?

Message 53565 · Eric Clyde · 15 Sep 2008 16:32:32 · Top

The following is an excerpt from a review of a "BBC Proms in the Park,
Glasgow Green"
which appears in today's Glasgow Herald
http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/featuresclassical/display.var.2446228.0.BBC_Proms_in_the_Park_Glasgow_Green.php

> The surprise ingredient this year came along with Stuart Cassell's
> group, the Red Hot Chilli Pipers.
>
> The choreography of their mini-kilted dance troupe teamed Scottish
> country dancing with cheerleading moves. Utter genius.
>

Did any Strathspeyer see it? Any comments?

Eric Clyde, Ottawa

Cheerleading?

Message 53573 · Cord Walter · 18 Sep 2008 13:26:35 · Top

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Eric Clyde schrieb:
> The following is an excerpt from a review of a "BBC Proms in the Park,
> Glasgow Green"
> which appears in today's Glasgow Herald
> http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/featuresclassical/display.var.2446228.0.BBC_Proms_in_the_Park_Glasgow_Green.php
>
>
>> The surprise ingredient this year came along with Stuart Cassell's
>> group, the Red Hot Chilli Pipers.
>>
>> The choreography of their mini-kilted dance troupe teamed Scottish
>> country dancing with cheerleading moves. Utter genius.
>>
>
> Did any Strathspeyer see it? Any comments?

Videos are here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/music/proms/videos/rhcp/

...unfortunately, I'm not allow to view them :-/

- -cord

- --
Cord Walter
email: cord.walter@gmx.de
Public PGP-Key available on request

Weil es niemanden etwas angeht, dass ich nichts zu verbergen habe:
http://www.gnupg.org/
http://www.truecrypt.org/
...und überhaupt: http://www.FreiheitstattAngst.de
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkjSOuoACgkQpYxkftnOwIoEsACfQKX9B3WxpskONSV3w4nAb35F
AyEAoJSmAQKJD/louVStkbrDc2M3veAr
=FSoL
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Cheerleading?

Message 53574 · Lydia Hedge · 18 Sep 2008 13:29:06 · Top

> Videos are here:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/music/proms/videos/rhcp/
>
> ...unfortunately, I'm not allow to view them :-/

Neither am I

Lydia
Canada

Cheerleading?

Message 53575 · Anselm Lingnau · 18 Sep 2008 13:46:26 · Top

Lydia Hedge wrote:

> > Videos are here:
> > http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/music/proms/videos/rhcp/
> >
> > ...unfortunately, I'm not allow to view them :-/
>
> Neither am I

The BBC is paid for by UK citizens (by way of TV license fees). Therefore the
BBC, perhaps understandably, restricts the archives of its broadcasts to UK
citizens (or, more precisely, people with IP addresses that appear to belong
to British ISPs, which would presumably include people who have access to Web
proxies located in the UK).

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau, Friedberg, Germany ..................... anselm@strathspey.org
The NSA would like to remind everyone to call their mothers this Sunday. They
need to calibrate their system.
-- Radio announcement for Mothers' Day, 2006, via »Schneier on Security«

Cheerleading?

Message 53577 · Bob McLatchie · 18 Sep 2008 14:45:37 · Top

As a UK resident I am able to view the video - and it certainly has all
the toe tapping characteristics of SCD music. Very jolly.

The cheerleaders' dance, when it eventually comes (at about 8 minutes
into the 9mins 33sec video) is more like Irish Riverdance than SCD -
high stepping and leaping.

I'd be interested to hear other's views on this - and even more
interested to hear views from the pipers among the UK Strathspeyers
about the Red Hot Chilli Pipers. It is exciting and entertaining but SCD
it ain't, so far as I am concerned.

Regards

Bob
Oxfordshire, England

Anselm Lingnau wrote:
> Lydia Hedge wrote:
>
>
>>> Videos are here:
>>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/music/proms/videos/rhcp/
>>>
>>> ...unfortunately, I'm not allow to view them :-/
>>>
>> Neither am I
>>
>
> The BBC is paid for by UK citizens (by way of TV license fees). Therefore the
> BBC, perhaps understandably, restricts the archives of its broadcasts to UK
> citizens (or, more precisely, people with IP addresses that appear to belong
> to British ISPs, which would presumably include people who have access to Web
> proxies located in the UK).
>
> Anselm
>

Cheerleading?

Message 53576 · Thomas G. Mungall, III · 18 Sep 2008 14:42:23 · Top

View the Red Hot Chilli Pipers all you want here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwrvHnYpwkk

Tom Mungall
Baton Rouge, La, USA

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lydia Hedge" <lydiahedge@accesswave.ca>
To: <strathspey@strathspey.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 6:29 AM
Subject: Re: Cheerleading?

> > Videos are here:
> > http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/music/proms/videos/rhcp/
> >
> > ...unfortunately, I'm not allow to view them :-/
>
> Neither am I
>
> Lydia
> Canada
>

Cheerleading?

Message 53578 · Thomas G. Mungall, III · 18 Sep 2008 14:54:52 · Top

Here is the bit with the mini-kilt dancing girls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHzVcNtmJGY

Tom Mungall
Baton Rouge, La, USA

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cord Walter" <cord.walter@snafu.de>

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Eric Clyde schrieb:
> The following is an excerpt from a review of a "BBC Proms in the Park,
> Glasgow Green"
> which appears in today's Glasgow Herald
>
http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/featuresclassical/display.var.2446228.0.BBC_Proms_in_the_Park_Glasgow_Green.php
>
>
>> The surprise ingredient this year came along with Stuart Cassell's
>> group, the Red Hot Chilli Pipers.
>>
>> The choreography of their mini-kilted dance troupe teamed Scottish
>> country dancing with cheerleading moves. Utter genius.
>>
>
> Did any Strathspeyer see it? Any comments?

Videos are here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/music/proms/videos/rhcp/

...unfortunately, I'm not allow to view them :-/

- -cord

- --
Cord Walter
email: cord.walter@gmx.de
Public PGP-Key available on request

Weil es niemanden etwas angeht, dass ich nichts zu verbergen habe:
http://www.gnupg.org/
http://www.truecrypt.org/
...und überhaupt: http://www.FreiheitstattAngst.de
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkjSOuoACgkQpYxkftnOwIoEsACfQKX9B3WxpskONSV3w4nAb35F
AyEAoJSmAQKJD/louVStkbrDc2M3veAr
=FSoL
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Cheerleading?

Message 53579 · SMiskoe · 18 Sep 2008 15:19:37 · Top

Several years ago the Strathspey & Reel Society of NH featured Stuart
Cassels at their annual Gala Scottish concert. He was lots of fun to work with.
While his technique may not be perfect enough to satisfy the piping purists he
sure is a showman.
Sylvia Miskoe, Concord, NH USA

**************Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog,
plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.
(http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=aolsty00050000000014)

Cheerleading?

Message 53582 · Rolf Weibezahn · 18 Sep 2008 21:49:47 · Top

Hallo Anselm,

wie wäre es mit dem Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwrvHnYpwkk [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwrvHnYpwkk]

Gruß

Rolf

*Von:* "Anselm Lingnau" <anselm@strathspey.org>
*Gesendet:* 18.09.08 13:47:09
*An:* strathspey@strathspey.org
*Betreff:* Re: Cheerleading?

Lydia Hedge wrote:

> > Videos are here:
> > http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/music/proms/videos/rhcp/
> >
> > ...unfortunately, I'm not allow to view them :-/
>
> Neither am I

The BBC is paid for by UK citizens (by way of TV license fees). Therefore the
BBC, perhaps understandably, restricts the archives of its broadcasts to UK
citizens (or, more precisely, people with IP addresses that appear to belong
to British ISPs, which would presumably include people who have access to Web
proxies located in the UK).

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau, Friedberg, Germany ..................... anselm@strathspey.org
The NSA would like to remind everyone to call their mothers this Sunday. They
need to calibrate their system.
-- Radio announcement for Mothers' Day, 2006, via »Schneier on Security«


Psssst! Schon vom neuen WEB.DE MultiMessenger gehört?
Der kann`s mit allen: *http://www.produkte.web.de/messenger/?did=3123* [http://www.produkte.web.de/messenger/?did=3123]

Cheerleading?

Message 53583 · Rolf Weibezahn · 18 Sep 2008 21:54:21 · Top

Hallo Alle zusammen,

unter You Tube sind einige videos zu sehen

Gruß

Rolf

*Von:* "Anselm Lingnau" <anselm@strathspey.org>
*Gesendet:* 18.09.08 13:47:09
*An:* strathspey@strathspey.org
*Betreff:* Re: Cheerleading?

Lydia Hedge wrote:

> > Videos are here:
> > http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/music/proms/videos/rhcp/
> >
> > ...unfortunately, I'm not allow to view them :-/
>
> Neither am I

The BBC is paid for by UK citizens (by way of TV license fees). Therefore the
BBC, perhaps understandably, restricts the archives of its broadcasts to UK
citizens (or, more precisely, people with IP addresses that appear to belong
to British ISPs, which would presumably include people who have access to Web
proxies located in the UK).

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau, Friedberg, Germany ..................... anselm@strathspey.org
The NSA would like to remind everyone to call their mothers this Sunday. They
need to calibrate their system.
-- Radio announcement for Mothers' Day, 2006, via »Schneier on Security«


In 5 Schritten zur eigenen Homepage. Jetzt Domain sichern und gestalten!
Nur 3,99 EUR/Monat! *http://www.maildomain.web.de/?mc=021114* [http://www.maildomain.web.de/?mc=021114]

Cheerleading?

Message 53586 · Susan McKinnell · 19 Sep 2008 02:09:38 · Top

I think this link is the whole tune
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUccrq9aylM&feature=related (with the
dancers at the end). Sue (Chicago, USA)

Thomas G. Mungall, III wrote:
> Here is the bit with the mini-kilt dancing girls.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHzVcNtmJGY
>
> Tom Mungall
> Baton Rouge, La, USA
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Cord Walter" <cord.walter@snafu.de>
>
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Eric Clyde schrieb:
>
>> The following is an excerpt from a review of a "BBC Proms in the Park,
>> Glasgow Green"
>> which appears in today's Glasgow Herald
>>
>>
> http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/featuresclassical/display.var.2446228.0.BBC_Proms_in_the_Park_Glasgow_Green.php
>
>>
>>> The surprise ingredient this year came along with Stuart Cassell's
>>> group, the Red Hot Chilli Pipers.
>>>
>>> The choreography of their mini-kilted dance troupe teamed Scottish
>>> country dancing with cheerleading moves. Utter genius.
>>>
>>>
>> Did any Strathspeyer see it? Any comments?
>>
>
> Videos are here:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/music/proms/videos/rhcp/
>
> ...unfortunately, I'm not allow to view them :-/
>
> - -cord
>
>
> - --
> Cord Walter
> email: cord.walter@gmx.de
> Public PGP-Key available on request
>
> Weil es niemanden etwas angeht, dass ich nichts zu verbergen habe:
> http://www.gnupg.org/
> http://www.truecrypt.org/
> ...und überhaupt: http://www.FreiheitstattAngst.de
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>
> iEYEARECAAYFAkjSOuoACgkQpYxkftnOwIoEsACfQKX9B3WxpskONSV3w4nAb35F
> AyEAoJSmAQKJD/louVStkbrDc2M3veAr
> =FSoL
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
>
>
>

--
Susan McKinnell luvscd@suedan.com http://suedan.com

"A house without a cat, and a well-fed, well-petted, and properly
revered cat, may be a perfect house, perhaps, but how can it prove
its title?"
- Mark Twain, The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson

Cheerleading?

Message 53587 · Eric Clyde · 19 Sep 2008 03:44:20 · Top

Thanks for this and the earlier one on the Red Hot Chili Pipers.
A bit of what I expected - feared? -- not really my cup of whisky, er, tea!

Eric Clyde
Ottawa

Thomas G. Mungall, III wrote:
> Here is the bit with the mini-kilt dancing girls.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHzVcNtmJGY
>
> Tom Mungall
> Baton Rouge, La, USA
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Cord Walter" <cord.walter@snafu.de>
>
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Eric Clyde schrieb:
>
>> The following is an excerpt from a review of a "BBC Proms in the Park,
>> Glasgow Green"
>> which appears in today's Glasgow Herald
>>
>>
> http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/featuresclassical/display.var.2446228.0.BBC_Proms_in_the_Park_Glasgow_Green.php
>
>>
>>> The surprise ingredient this year came along with Stuart Cassell's
>>> group, the Red Hot Chilli Pipers.
>>>
>>> The choreography of their mini-kilted dance troupe teamed Scottish
>>> country dancing with cheerleading moves. Utter genius.
>>>
>>>
>> Did any Strathspeyer see it? Any comments?
>>
>
> Videos are here:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/music/proms/videos/rhcp/
>
> ...unfortunately, I'm not allow to view them :-/
>
> - -cord
>
>
> - --
> Cord Walter
> email: cord.walter@gmx.de
> Public PGP-Key available on request
>
> Weil es niemanden etwas angeht, dass ich nichts zu verbergen habe:
> http://www.gnupg.org/
> http://www.truecrypt.org/
> ...und überhaupt: http://www.FreiheitstattAngst.de
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>
> iEYEARECAAYFAkjSOuoACgkQpYxkftnOwIoEsACfQKX9B3WxpskONSV3w4nAb35F
> AyEAoJSmAQKJD/louVStkbrDc2M3veAr
> =FSoL
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
>
>

Previous thread: This is no my ain hoose
Next thread: Aloha Winter Weekend 2009
A Django site.